Looking for self storage in your area? Self storage can be needed for a large number of purposes. It can be needed for things such as decluttering, craft storage, extra space storage, kid home from college storage, storing the personal belongings of a loved one who has recently passed away, storing fitness equipments, storing yard sale stuff, remodeling house storage, business storage and many more.
The purpose of this article is to provide as much information as possible about the self storage industry and self storage facilities. To begin with, let us look at some of the essential tips on how to find local self storage.
Finding Local Self Storage Companies
1. Going to the storage location directly – if you have noticed some self storage locations around your local area, then you can drive to the location directly and find out more about their services. Storage companies will most probably choose locations which have a good face value. In other words, access to the location will be easy.
2. The phone book can be really helpful when it comes to finding storage services in your local area. The yellow pages will have contact numbers of the companies which offer storage services. Although information will not be as detailed as you would find on the company website, you will still be able to get hold of the phone numbers and also the location address.
3. Storage companies can also be found through the print media. Companies pay huge amounts of money to get their advertisements published in the newspapers and magazines. You can look through your local newspapers and magazines to see if they have advertisements about self storage companies.
4. Billboards, radios and the television are also good ways for the local storage companies to get their names out there. When listening to your favorite music station, watching television or travelling the highway, look out for these advertisements.
5. If you have access to the internet, you can simply search and get the results. These days, more than 80% of the storage companies have websites to attract potential customers. Your local self storage website will include information such as security features, rental payment information, how to get to the site, sizes of units, gate hours and other important information that will help you choose the one which suits your storage needs.
How To Choose The Best Self Storage Facility?
If you are considering making use of a self storage facility, it is important for you to choose the best one. Choosing the best one will ensure that you have a pleasant storage experience. Here are some of the important things that you must consider if you are looking for the best self storage facility.
– There has to be adequate security measures in the storage facility
– The units which are available are the right size to meet your individual needs.
– The units are suitable for the type of items you are looking to store. If you want to store valuable items, you must ensure that the storage unit has concealing walls so it is not possible for anyone else to see what is inside.
– The facility is climate controlled to avoid unnecessary damage to your items. For example, if the unit is not climate controlled, the space in which you store your items may become warm and damp in a few months. If you have stored items such as clothes and upholstery in the unit, then chances 收納方法 are that they will become damaged.
– The facility must take measures for pest control. This will ensure that your belongings are safe within the facility.
– Storage units must be clean, neat, tidy and well maintained
– There will be no hidden surprises when you go through the fine print
Types of Self Storage
There are four types of self storage. These include:
1. Climate controlled self storage – such storage units are available within enclosed buildings. All the units are humidity and temperature controlled which provides protection to the valuables. In all climate controlled self storage facilities, access is limited to authorised users. There is close monitoring and hi tech security systems in place.
2. Non climate controlled storage – these are much cheaper than the climate controlled units. These are located outdoors and are multiple row set of garages. They look very much like typical garages, expect that a number of units are linked to each other and divided with mesh partitions. Non climate controlled storage facilities enable users to drive up to the door of the unit and pick up or drop off items.
3. Portable container storage – mostly used when people consider carrying out remodeling work at home and need storage space for their belongings. When you make use of this kind of self storage facility, the company will deliver a container to your door step in which you can store your belongings. You can choose to keep this container storage unit on your property or you can have it picked up by the company once you have stored your belongings. Your belongings will be kept safe in these containers and when the company takes the unit, they will store it at their facility until you need your belongings.
4. Information management service – when you make use of information management service, the company will pick up files from your home or office and transport them to their climate-controlled storage units. Your items will be delivered back to you upon request. Items that can be stored mainly include files, folders and other kinds of paperwork. Such facilities do not store large items such as furniture, tools and home equipments.
Getting Insurance For Your Self Storage Items
Most people assume that self-storage companies provide insurance for their items. In most cases, this is not the case. You may be able to get comprehensive insurance for your belongings, but this service will be added to the cost of your facility rental. Certain companies may offer basic coverage which will be included in your agreement. However, this kind of insurance is usually not enough for the items stores in these facilities, in case of losses and damages. For this reason, it is important for you to research all insurance options. This also includes those which are offered with the agreement.